From 13 – 15 September 2016, Arko Lucieer, Darren Turner, and Juliane Bendig attended a 3-day UAV workshop at Fowler’s Gap in northeast NSW. The objectives of the workshop were to:
- assess the role of UAVs in rangeland applications
- compare UAV platforms and data processing
- generate a baseline dataset for Fowlers Gaps rangelands
- establish a framework for regular meetings in the future
- generate a comprehensive dataset for school and university education (Source: http://fowlersgap.uas4rs.org.au/)
We packed nearly all of our equipment and tested most of it during three days of fieldwork. Among the collected datasets are RGB, multispectral , hyperspectral, thermal and LiDAR data. An extensive overview of the activities at Fowler’s Gap can be found here.